Practical Wireless Security - Part 1
Posted on: 24-Oct-2012Author: cmk
“It’s wireless! How hard could it be to not install wires?” - Pointy Haired Boss, Dilbert The most coveted words for travelers these days are ‘Free Wi-Fi’. We book ourselves into hotels that offer free Wi-Fi. We pay obscene amounts for average tasting coffee, just to access the free Wi-Fi. Although we use it extensively, we have our own set of questions around it:
- Is it secure?
- Can I do my online transactions through it?
- Can I connect to my company VPN?
- What should I do to ensure that the Wi-Fi connection is really secure?
- Choose your friends wisely - Choose the right Wi-Fi
- Choose who will direct you - Choose your DNS